Rethink Urban provides people and places with the means to enhance their community relationships, self-organize and establish the connections needed to improve safety, wellbeing and quality of life in communities.
Our team collaborates with communities using an integral, consultative, transdisciplinary approach that is authentic and promotes our four pillars of #Discovery #Wellness #Creativity #Transformation We have been providing specialized services to public and private sector clients across Canada since 1997.
We are fortunate to have received awards from the International Downtown Association, the Canadian Institute of Planners, Alberta Justice and the Health Care Public Relations Association for Canada, among others. We work now as an affiliation of like-minded consultants – bringing in the right specialists as needed for each project.
Partial client list: Aldrich Pears Associates, The City of Red Deer, Health Canada, K’omoks First Nation, Safe Harbour Society, RCMP, Victoria Police Department, Red Deer College, Central Alberta AIDS Network, Capital Regional District – Harbours and Watershed Program, Alberta Child Care Network, Red Deer Chamber of Commerce, Canmarc REIT (Calgary), National Collaborating Centre for Healthy Public Policy, Sunreal Property Management, Alberta Transportation, District of Saanich – Shelbourne Valley Action Plan, Red Deer Downtown Business Association, Red Deer Native Friendship Society and the Central Alberta FASD Network.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Place & Activity Audits – a status report on the design features and human activities that make an urban street, plaza, or neighbourhood what it is
- PlaceShift Redesign – a plan to reduce risks, prevent crime and open up opportunities for positive urban experiences
Community Engagement Services
- Engagement Plans – complete strategic map for an effective public engagement project
- Public Consultation Facilitation – planning, conducting and reporting on charrettes, meetings, walking tours, and more – all with a focus on solutions
- Stakeholder Engagement – from one-on-one conversations to customized methods for each diverse demographic
Communications Planning, Writing and Public Relations
- Communications Plans – complete with objectives, audience analysis, key messages, situation analysis, action plan and budget
- Writing and Editing – content for diverse readers to be used in print, web, social media, public presentations, video and other media
- Public Relations – development and implementation of public communication tools, including media relations
- Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) – focuses on enhancing our built and natural environments using various principles that reduce the propensity for crime and improve quality of life. Both traditional and 2nd Generation concepts ensure a well-balanced approach to creating safe, healthy, vibrant communities that thrive
- Community Crime Prevention Initiatives – engagement with community groups, people in the street community, businesses and others to reduce crime
We welcome opportunities to collaborate with other consulting firms and municipalities on urban development project teams.
Plus, as noted on our Speaking page, we love to get involved in talks, workshops and ‘walking consultations’ – especially with communities and clients who believe like we do that collaboration and mutual learning is the route to great cities.