Community engagement is about how communities can work together with businesses, government and professionals to achieve their aims in our cities and towns. For RU, this means using tested and evidenced-based approaches to engagement that reach beyond the simplistic pronouncements of ‘stake-holder input’ to bring hard-to-reach groups into the conversations. It means designing tailor-made processes that are known to yield results.
Workshops, talks, online presentations, brown bag discussions, on-site walking tours, community conversations – we are interested in participating in events and gatherings related to your city.
In recent years, our presentations have included:
- Keys for Community Building: Street Pianos
- The Changing Faces of Graffiti
- Rethinking the Street: Complete Streets for All Citizens
- Looking Out, Looking In: Windows on the Street
- The Missing Links: Continuity and People Movement
- Towards a More Accessible City
- Urban Design Matters: Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
- Reducing Gangs Through Social Development
- Crime-Free Multi-Housing
Contact us for a list of topics, or better yet, give us an overview of what would be helpful in your community and we can continue the conversation from there.
You can use our web form or touch base on Twitter for starters.